2019 Midwest Big Data Summer School
May 20, 2019
The 2019 edition is sponsored by the Midwest Big Data Hub, the ISU College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Syngenta, Corteva, the ISU Department of Computer Science and Statistics, and the ISU Data Science program.
Like previous editions, the summer school consists of a series of tutorials on the beginning and intermediate Data Science topics. The majority of these tutorials include hands-on activities.
The summer school also features the following invited speakers and more.
- Rajesh Parekh, Engineering Director, Google
- Julia Wolfe, Visual journalist, FiveThirtyEight
- Thomas Zimmermann, Researcher, Microsoft Research
- Srinivas Sridharan, Data Scientist, Corteva
- Adam Hecktman, Director of Technology & Civic Innovation Chicago, Microsoft
This year, the summer school includes six parallel tracks that dig deeper into:
- Foundations of data science
- Big Data applications
- Data Science in Digital agriculture
- Software Analytics
- Data Science for Public Good
- Past, Present, and Future of SAS
An overview of the program this year can be found here.